Who We Are
The West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants is the premier professional organization for CPAs, other accounting professionals and accounting student in the state of West Virginia. The Society was organized in 1919 and incorporated in 1926. Our purpose is to achieve excellence by providing our members superior advocacy, leadership, service, lifelong learning and personal and professional development opportunities.
The mission statement of the Society shall be:
- To unite, safeguard and promote the accounting profession in the State of West Virginia as constituted by Certified Public Accountants;
- To cultivate and maintain high professional competency levels and ethical standards within the accounting profession; and
- To support accountancy education
The West Virginia Society of CPAs endorses the AICPA Vision Statement, given as follows:
CPAs are the trusted professionals who enable people and organizations to shape their future. Combining insight with integrity, CPAs deliver value by:
- Communicating the total picture with clarity and objectivity;
- Translating complex information into critical knowledge;
- Anticipating and creating opportunities, and
- Designing pathways that transform vision into reality.
Core purpose: CPAs...Making sense of a changing and complex world.
In our rapidly changing information age, it is more important than ever to stay abreast of issues, trends, and developments in the profession. Members of the West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants are at the top of their field, and their professional society is one of the reasons.
Staying on top, in an increasingly complex and challenging vocation, means making a personal investment — a commitment to keeping up with new information, services, ideas, and support systems.
That is what we provide — a support system. The West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants can help members advance in their career by providing them with professional contacts, educational programs and publications, a valuable communications network, government relations, and many other services.
Whether the member works in education, government, industry, or public practice, their membership in the West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants will provide a wealth of services and distinguish them as a leader in the profession.