The Outstanding Accounting Student Awards recognizes students majoring in accounting from colleges / universities across the states of West Virginia.
During Committee Day (May) each year, the Recruiting & Career Opportunities Committee recognizes outstanding students majoring in accounting who have self-nominated themselves to be chosen for these awards.
To be eligible for self-nomination, students are required to meet the following criteria:
- Be or become a Student Member of the WV Society of CPAs
- Must be attending a college / university in the state of West Virginia.
- Major in the Accounting Field.
- Graduate between December 2023 and August 2025 with a bachelor's degree or a master's degree. This will include Juniors, Seniors & Graduate Students. Freshman and Sophomores are NOT eligible to participate.
- Have a 3.0 or higher Accounting GPA AND a 3.0 or higher Cumulative GPA.
- Submit a current resume to the Society.
- Submit an unofficial transcript through the 2023 fall semester.
- Provide a minimum of two written references with at least one being from a faculty member (ideally, the second should be from an employer or other non-scholastic source).
- Submit an essay (no more than one double-spaced page in length) explaining why the student should be recognized as the Outstanding Accounting Student in the State of West Virginia.
- Not be a prior winner of this award.
- Apply Online (below) and submit all required documents online.
All submissions MUST be received by March 15th - No exceptions will be made!
Please Note - Once you begin the submission process, you MUST complete it in full. This should not take longer than 15 minutes.
For more information or questions, please contact the Society office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304-342-5461.